Advancing Care Advancing Practice (ACAP) Scotland is an established forum with the purpose of facilitating an arena for discussion, enabling sharing of best practice, providing educational opportunities, and importantly providing links between advanced practitioners and major stakeholders.
Currently the members of the group provide representation from 12 NHS health boards in Scotland:
Ayrshire & Arran Borders Forth Valley
Grampian Highland Lanarkshire
Lothian Orkney Shetland
Dumfries & Galloway Fife Greater Glagow & Clyde
ACAP also benefits from representation from the Private sector and Higher Education Institutes.
Having group representatives from such a wide geographical area can facilitate the development of sub-groups that will network within their own and additional surrounding areas. In so doing this will target as many advanced practitioners as possible.
- The advancement of education pertaining to advanced practice throughout Scotland.
- The improvement of patients health through education, promoting patient safety and quality of care.
- To provide a platform for sharing and dissemination of evidenced based practice amongst advanced nurse practitioners.
- Initiate an arena for networking amongst advanced nurse practitioners, sharing of knowledge, skills and best practice.
- To organise annual educational conferences/professional development events.
- To issue a tri-annual journal to its members containing evidence based practice and articles pertaining to national guidelines.
- To provide an opportunity for service development and education.